Saturday, July 22, 2017

Have We Met Yet in Second Life?






There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.

William Butler Yeats





I’ve been thinking about the friends whom I’ve met in Second Life (SL) over the years. 

(Significant Other is still amazed that residents admit publicly to being friends with me.  What can I say?  Some folks just love to flaunt convention.)

Some of them, I’ll still in contact with on a regular basis.


(We’ll ignore Significant Other’s witticism that they just didn’t see me coming and were too polite to run away in the opposite direction.)

Others, I’ve neither seen nor heard from in years. I hope all is well with them!

Then there’s another group of people.

People whom I’ve met in my travels and either just exchanged a brief hello and a chat with us both going on our separate ways afterwards without coming friends or folks who just don’t like having too many friends inworld.  Nothing wrong with that!

But, what about everybody else?

(Significant Other looks startled.)

Yes, all the other folks inworld whom I haven’t met yet!

Yes, there’re a lot of them and I’d love to meet them!

Here’s why.

I’m a wanderer and explorer inworld.  I invariably end up in empty sims.  (Too many empty sims IMHO)

My goals inworld are to visit new places, meet new people, and have new experiences.

The latter two are hard to do when you can’t meet anyone!

My overall goal is to meet more people and share my experiences with my three loyal
readers (I love all of you!) in my blog.

So how about this?

(I haven’t seen Significant Other this scared since… Well, I’d better not go into that here.)

Drop me a notecard inworld telling me who you are and what you do inworld.  (I get my IM capped a lot so notecards are the best way unless you’d rather use my email address below.) 

Maybe we become friends or maybe we don’t.  I’m fine either way!

But, maybe I can bring your SL experiences to my three loyal readers in my blog.

How would that be?

SL is all about relationships. 

Without them, SL is just like the ghost towns that populate so many places in Real Life (RL). 

We’re all social, aren’t we?

So, drop me a note and let’s meet!

For you folks out there who are too shy just send this along to your friends!

Thanks in advance!

As always, I’m grateful to all inworld for their kindness and time in stopping to talk with a stranger who was passing through their lives. 

My Twitter handle is @webspelunker.  Please feel free to follow me and I’d be happy to follow you.

I can be found on Google+ as webspelunker Ghostraven.

My flickr Photostream is located here.

On Skype I’m webspelunker Ghostraven.

I welcome feedback from readers, please either comment on my blog or e-mail me at webspelunker@gmail.com . 

            If you would like to read about my other adventures in Second Life
 please click here.

            Open roads and kind fires!



No comments: