Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Celebrating the Chinese Lunar New Year in Second Life


Wish you luck in the Year of the Sheep!

Traditional Chinese New Year Greeting

 

          Here we are, ready for another festival in Second Life (SL)!  (Not to mention Real Life (RL) too!)

          The Chinese Lunar New Year is upon us once again! 

          And for the sixth year in a row, Perryn Peterson, Mayor of Mieville and impresario extraordinaire, is celebrating the event in style.  (Truthfully, I think this is the only way Perryn knows how to do anything!) 

          This year is the Year of the Sheep in the Chinese Zodiac and in keeping with this,
Perryn has planned the festivities in a pasture with lots of sheep about!

          The festivities will be centered around the weekly Mieville theme dance and will be held here. 

          The Lunar New Year celebration will take place on Saturday, February 21st from 6:00 to 8:00PM SLT.

          Perryn is beside himself this year as so many holidays are “squooshed” as he puts it into a narrower time frame.  But, he has never met a holiday he couldn’t or wouldn’t celebrate.

          There will be more to come!

          Come and celebrate the New Year with Perryn and the Mieville gang, I guarantee that you’ll have a great time!

          You may even run into me!         

I’d like to thank Perryn for his enthusiastic help in assisting me with this story.             

As always, I’m grateful to all inworld for their kindness and time in stopping to talk with a stranger who was passing through their lives.         

More pictures of the festival site can be found on this Flickr page.

My Twitter handle is @webspelunker.  Please feel free to follow me and I’d be happy to follow you.

I can be found on Google+ as webspelunker Ghostraven.

My flickr Photostream is located here.

On Skype I’m webspelunker Ghostraven.

I welcome feedback from readers, please either comment on my blog or e-mail me at webspelunker@gmail.com . 

          If you would like to read about my other adventures in Second Life
please click here.

          Open roads and kind fires!
         

No comments: