Friday, May 24, 2013

Sex and the Single Avatar in Second Life IX – Still Nude Inworld


Nakedness reveals itself. Nudity is placed on display. The nude is condemned to never being naked. Nudity is a form of dress.

John Berger  

               One of the things I like about Second Life (SL) is how people help one another even when they might appear to be competitors. 
          Recently, I blogged about a new nude resort inworld, Naked, owned and operated by The Cat (AKA Cat).  A short while ago, Cat dropped me a note card with a referral to a new nudist club, Utopia Naked Isle Resort, that was opening in SL.  She said it was different from her own but was a nice place and suggested I write a story about it.
               Now, I consider myself lucky when people just read my stories let alone calling me up and referring story leads to me.  I always chase down leads from readers. (Hint, hint.)  Maybe they will lead to a story, maybe not.  But, I’ll check them out. When someone like Cat refers me to her competition then I really want to go and take a close look.  This time it paid off.  I hope my readers think so too. 
               So, I undressed and went visiting.  (I know that I’ve been doing a lot of this lately.  What between Cat’s place and my visit last week to the nude BDSM resorts, I haven’t been dressed a lot lately.  But this is what I do for my readership.  I know some of you live vicariously through my travels.) 
               I arrive at the main LZ for Utopia which opens onto the common area for visitors.  Behind me is the entrance to the forest or VIP area of which more about later. 
          The look is tropical.  Palm trees are everywhere with colorful tropical flowers profusely line the walkways.  Stepping out of the arrival building I can see Max’s Topless Bar straight ahead.  To my left a stone pathway leads to a beach with nearby waterfalls.  On the right, another path leads to more beaches and waterfalls.    The layout is natural and reminds me of tropical gardens in Real Life (RL).  (Contrary to popular belief, I sometimes do get out of SL and get around in RL.) 
          Walking straight ahead, I pass Max’s (Are topless bars in a nudist resort a sign of conservative leanings?)  and come upon the dance floor overlooked by a DJ’s booth.  Dance pose balls are scattered about.  Typically, the owners, Dai Aloix, Lori66, and Max are here when onsite. 
          I continue my walk along the beach where I hear waves crashing on the breakers.  Another piece of realism that enhances audiovisual experience of being in Utopia. 
          Which brings me to another interesting aspect of Utopia.  Besides being a nudist resort where guests can come, dance, and hang out.  There are facilities for couples or whatever number, who am I to assume, to go off and be by themselves for some privacy if you know what I mean.  (Of course the exhibitionists can stay out on the dance floor if they like.)  I spy a gazebo with a comfortable, round settee with some particularly attractive features (I’m talking about its menu).  A nearby pier also comes with functions not usually associated with such devices in RL.  
          The atmosphere is aided by tiki torches, beach chairs, and other beach resort furnishings scattered about.  Ancient ruins back in the jungle add a certain mystic aura. 
          My walk takes me on a circular path around the island and back to where I started at the LZ. I pass through the building into the VIP area, the forest  (It costs $300L to join and, yes, I paid the fee.  I want to keep my autonomy.) 
          The VIP area has an Asian theme.  TP’s are available near the entrance to take VIP’s to the themed skyboxes.  Unlike other resorts, VIP’s pay a small fee for use of these facilities. These range from $1L for sixty minutes to $4L for one hundred and fifty minutes.  (Hey, costs have to be covered somehow.)  
          Utopia contains the beach area, the forest (VIP area), play areas, and rental skyboxes which form the community. 
          At another time, I’d had a chance to meet Dai and Lori66 to talk about Utopia and why they’d established it.  I began by asking why they opened this club when there are so many others inworld.  Dai replied that they weren’t as much opening a club as just offering events at their sim.  What they offer will depend on what their guests want.  We were speaking at their grand opening which was a lot of fun. 
          When I ask what besides quality does Utopia wish to be known for, Lori said for the beauty of being able to come here and relax and play, to be able to share our vision of just some fun.  Dai added as a relaxing… no stress just friendly environment. 
          Lori66 continued saying that they wanted to do this for a long time, a beach that is open to the public, to come hang out (I was picking up a theme here) without a lot of distractions from stores, ads, etc. Just a beautiful place to come enjoy.  Dai giggled, adding that they just meshed really well to get it done together.  Lori66 retorted that the VIP area was done for Dai loves forests and wanted to offer their guests choices. 
          I asked about issues running the resort, Lori66 replied only the usual SL ones, griefers and such.  They work to keep the sim free from hassle for the enjoyment of the guests. 
                Overall, I’m impressed with Utopia.  The layout brings guests together in the center and permits them to wander off into the jungle and the beaches for privacy.  The atmosphere is realistic and fun.  The owners are friendly and helpful.  Other guests have been friendly and sociable when I’ve visited.
          Utopia differs from other nudist resorts inworld by being more intimate and chummier than some of the larger ones which can be more crowded.  The resort is not just open spaces sparely populated by a few prims scattered about.  The owners have put a lot of thought and effort into creating a nice effect. 
          One thing for male visitors, erections are frowned upon so gents please respect the rules!   
          Another thing, donation jars are scattered across Utopia.  If you visit regularly please use them especially if you’re not a VIP.  (And it wouldn’t hurt if VIP’s kicked in a little extra from time to time!)  Sims are expensive to run. 
          Below please find links to some pictures that I took during my visit as well as a few that Lori66 sent me.  Since as Glorf Bulmer  would say we’re not that sort of blog, everyone has their clothes on.  Visit Utopia itself if you want to see anything else! 
          I’d like to thank Dai and Lori66 for taking the time to meet with me and answer my questions.  I’d also like to thank Cat for giving me the lead and caring enough about the SL community to refer me! 
 As always, I’m grateful to all inworld for their kindness and time in stopping to talk with a stranger who was passing through their lives. 
I welcome feedback from readers, please either comment on my blog or e-mail me at webspelunker@gmail.com . 

          If you would like to read about my other adventures in Second Life
please click here. 

 

Photo No. 1  Main TP Arrival Zone

Photo No. 2  Pathway I

Photo No. 3  Max’s Topless Bar



Photo No. 6  Gazebo

Photo No. 7  Swimming Pool

Photo No. 8  Ruins

Photo No. 9  Flowers

Photo No. 10   Waterfalls

Photo No. 11  VIP Area I

Photo No. 12  VIP Area II

Photo No. 13  VIP Area III


Photo No. 15  Classified Ad

Photo No. 16  Seaward Beach Shot

Photo No. 17  Aerial View

Photo No. 18  Logo

Photo No. 19  VIP Forest

Photo No. 20  VIP Forest, Another View

Photo No. 21  Dai Aloix

Photo No. 22  Lori66

No comments: