Saturday, February 13, 2016

An Open Casting Call in Second Life


 
Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.

Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland

 

 

          Ashley Carter, my friend in Second Life (SL), approached me recently about her latest project.   My three loyal readers may remember when I first blogged about her as a story teller and then about one of her subsequent projects.  She and I had agreed to do a third
story on her continuing saga, VOIDAR, when she was ready and true to her word, she looked me up.  What’s more, Ashley is looking for some help with this project! 

          Ashley’s newest project is a developing storyline and focuses on an audience viewing a talent show competition.  She needs thirty-six male and female avatars inworld dressed casually for a group shot.  (Significant Other points out that I should emphasize the “dressed” aspect to my nudist friends.)  The date for the shoot is being finalized and anyone who is interested should contact Ashley either inworld, her name is jkm93, or on flickr, where she can be found under VOIDAR//Ashley Carter.  Participation will be on a first come, first served basis.

          Don’t miss this chance to be part of one of the most talented story tellers in SL productions! 

          For those of you who are not as diligent as my three loyal readers (My undying


gratitude to all of you and I don’t believe for a minute that it’s embarrassment that keeps your identities secret.  Significant Other just likes to tease me.) here’s a bit about Ashley and VOIDAR. 

          VOIDAR stands for “Voyage of Immense Danger and Reward.”  (That was easy wasn’t it?)

As described on its website, “VOIDAR is an ongoing sci-fi / adventure series constructed from Linden Lab’s online virtual world: Second Life. The high octane story is told through a mixture of pictures and animated videos; and it follows a group of misfit voyagers, who do what they can to prevent a war on a universal scale from breaking out!” 

Ashley takes a different approach to inworld machinima than what others do.  She won't be filming directly in world, but taking shots and editing/animating them with Adobe software. 

Ashley is a talented and creative member of the SL community.  She draws on her Real Life (RL) skills and experiences to create some incredible images.  Ashley is one of SL’s most popular and well known story tellers.  Don’t miss this opportunity to meet her and
to work with her.  Her portfolio can be found on flickr.  Ashley is also running a pile up photo competition now and the details can be located here. 

I’d like to thank Ashley for once again taking time from her busy production schedule to meet with me and to share details of her latest project. 

All pictures in this story are used with the permission of Ashley Carter. 

As always, I’m grateful to all inworld for their kindness and time in stopping to talk with a stranger who was passing through their lives! 

Additional pictures from my visits can be found on this flickr page. 

My Twitter handle is @webspelunker.  Please feel free to follow me and I’d be happy to follow you.

I can be found on Google+ as webspelunker Ghostraven.

My flickr Photostream is located here.

On Skype I’m webspelunker Ghostraven.

I welcome feedback from readers, please either comment on my blog or e-mail me at webspelunker@gmail.com . 

          If you would like to read about my other adventures in Second Life
please click here.
          Open roads and kind fires!


 

No comments: