Friday, April 20, 2012

New BDSM Club


The number one job of the dominant is to continually seduce consent from the bottom.

Joseph Bean 
                                                                

After my recent story about a submissive in Second Life (SL) I received an invitation to visit a new BDSM club inworld, Domus Dominari Pietas .  The invitation was from divadragon resident and I decided to drop by.  (Given what my social life is like inworld this wasn’t a difficult decision to make.) 

I arrive late at night to a dance floor in an old Gothic castle that would have done the Marquis de Sade proud.  I mingle with the other dancing guests and come away with more than a few ideas for stories in the future. 

The wardrobe for the guests varies across the BDSM spectrum.  I’m not sure yet but I’m beginning to believe that the closer one is to the top in BDSM circles, the more one covers up.  But this is only a theory of mine right now. 

Dominari caters to the D/s lifestyle and is owned and operated by a Real Life (RL) lifestyle family.  (Unlike my SL vampire friends whom I’m certain are not vampires in RL, I find many participants in SL BDSM also do so in RL.)  Facilities include a personals club and lounge, a vendors area catering to adult tastes, a 1/2 sim timed skytrack (I’m still trying to figure this one out), a comfort lounge for just hanging out with friends (voice/text optional), a hidden love grotto, Sin Box, dungeon, Zen room, bondage room, interrogation room, medical room, Dominari Connections - a place for singles to meet, a free movie theater and a formal ball room. Membership is free and allows full use of the facilities, Members and guests must be eighteen years or older and age verified to enter.

I will be interviewing divadragon , who is also the owner of Infinity Photography inworld, shortly for an more indepth look at Dominari and I plan on returning for additional visits to explore the various rooms and facilities further. 

 I had an enjoyable time at Dominari and appreciate the invitation to join them for their opening night festivities.  Even if you’re not practicing the BDSM lifestyle, I strongly encourage everyone to drop by, look around, and socialize.  Who knows?  You might like it! 

I’m learning that the BDSM community in SL is fairly large and diverse.  I’ll be visiting with them over the next several weeks and hope to bring back some different perspectives on the lifestyle inworld.  (That is, until they get tired of me and toss me out!) 

I’d like to thank divadragon resident for inviting me and talking with me during what was a very busy night for her.  I’m also grateful to all the other guests who made me feel welcome and who didn’t make fun of my dancing. 

As always, I’m grateful to all for their kindness and time in stopping to talk with a stranger who was passing through their lives. 

I welcome feedback from readers, please either comment on my blog or e-mail me at webspelunker@gmail.com . 

     If you would like to read about my other adventures in Second Life
please click here.

Photo No. 1: Dominari Dance Floor

Photo No. 2: Dominari Bondage Room Entrance

Photo No. 3: Dominari Bondage Room Interior  




No comments: