Saturday, June 18, 2016

Are You Experiencing the Summer Doldrums in Second Life?



What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.
John Steinbeck 



           Where I am in the world in Real Life (RL) right now, the summer solstice is almost upon us.  (Significant Other groans having never been a fan of warm, let alone hot, weather.) 

          There has already been some nice summer weather here (Significant Other frowns inquiring just whose side am I on.) and the pace of life in RL is beginning to slow down as
it’s wont to do at this time of the year.  

          Having spent many years in Second Life (SL) now, my thoughts turn to RL summer’s impact inworld.   

          In SL, the change of seasons is arbitrary. 

          Some sims such as First UCC and 1920’s Berlin change seasons regularly.  (Or, in Berlin’s case if Frau Jo remembers to turn the snow making machine on!)  

          Some sims never change.  These tend to be always in a perpetual summer.  (I’ve always suspected that the owners of these are from California in RL.)  

          But, even without someone remembering to change the seasons inworld, there seem to be certain signs that remind me that RL, at least in the Northern Hemisphere, is experiencing summer. 

          The level of activity drops off.  Fewer people seem to be around.  Friends go walkabout.  Scheduled activities seem to go into a void until September.  Even the hits on
my blog trail off some.  (I’ll ignore Significant Other’s suggestion that maybe it has something to do either with the writer or his work.)

          For me, there is definitely a correlation between the level of activity inworld and summer in the Northern Hemisphere in RL.  

          What about you?

          Do you either slip away to enjoy summer on a RL beach somewhere or hang out inworld?  

          How about giving me a shout out and letting the rest of us know what you’re up to inworld during the summer?  

          I’d like to drop by and meet with you and your friends and blog about your experiences.  Maybe we can get a few more folks to come around and hang out with you! 

          (Of course, if you want to remain private and secluded then I’ll respect your wishes!  But, I’d still like to meet with you!) 

          So, whatever you’re doing this summer, be it in SL or in RL, have a happy and safe
time!  

          Don’t forget to part hearty!

          See you in the fall! (Significant Other begins to hum See You in September.)

As always, I’m grateful to all inworld for their kindness and time in stopping to talk with a stranger who was passing through their lives.  

My Twitter handle is @webspelunker.  Please feel free to follow me and I’d be happy to follow you.

I can be found on Google+ as webspelunker Ghostraven.

My flickr Photostream is located here.

On Skype I’m webspelunker Ghostraven.

I welcome feedback from readers, please either comment on my blog or e-mail me at webspelunker@gmail.com . 

          If you would like to read about my other adventures in Second Life
please click here

          Open roads and kind fires!  



1 comment:

May O. Mingzi said...

Slowing down for the summer? Hardly! I'm DJing, hosting or attending events every single day, and sometimes I'm hopping between two or three events in an hour. What are these "doldrums" of which you speak? -- May