Saturday, April 15, 2017

Want to See Some Cool Star Trek Builds in Second Life?




Science fiction is the most important literature in the history of the world, because it's the history of ideas, the history of our civilization birthing itself. ...Science fiction is central to everything we've ever done, and people who make fun of science fiction writers don't know what they're talking about.

Ray Bradbury





Recently, I learned from the very creative builder in Second Life (SL) and good friend of mine, Lora Chadbourne, has two displays of her Star Trek themed work open inworld!

My three loyal readers (Again, have no fears, I won’t out you!) from my three previous stories about her work in SL, the Tomb of the Resurrection, the Simpsons home, and the Mayflower and Plymouth Colony.  (Significant Other nods approvingly having enjoyed all these builds.  Significant Other is an inveterate shoulder surfer!)

Unfortunately, Lora’s work takes up space and prims and doesn’t stay open for very long!  So, hurry to see these before they close!

The first display entitled, Lora’s Star Trek Museum – Gallifrey Stands! contains a
 collection of starships, other craft, and props from Star Trek: The Original Series (STTOS). 

Walk around the USS Enterprise or stand on its bridge as you imagine yourself as Captain James T. Kirk going where no man (or woman has gone before!)

The next display of Lora’s is entitled Star Trek Metamorphosis Display and is unique because it’s based on the STTOS episode “Metamorphosis” where Zefram Cochrane, the inventor of the warp drive on Earth, is encountered by the crew of the Enterprise.  The display recreates his home and the
space shuttle Galileo.

As in all her work, Lora’s attention to detail is incredible.  The accuracy of her recreations has to be seen to be believed.  Lora has a boundless enthusiasm for her work which is self-evident within it. 

(A quick aside, Lora has written and published several books in Real Life (RL) about Star Trek.  So, she definitely knows her way around the subject matter!  She’s asked me not to reveal the details for now but someday she’ll allow me to.  Watch this space for more!) 

The pictures in this story and the additional ones on this flickr page are all done by The Companion are marvelous but don’t do full justice to Lora’s work.

It really must be seen to be appreciated!

So, like I said earlier, hurry to see these exhibits because they won’t be here forever! 

I’d like to thank Lora for informing me of her exhibits and The Companion for taking such great pictures!

As always, I’m grateful to all inworld for their kindness and time in stopping to talk with a stranger who was passing through their lives. 

My Twitter handle is @webspelunker.  Please feel free to follow me and I’d be happy to follow you.

I can be found on Google+ as webspelunker Ghostraven.

My flickr Photostream is located here.

On Skype I’m webspelunker Ghostraven.

I welcome feedback from readers, please either comment on my blog or e-mail me at webspelunker@gmail.com . 

            If you would like to read about my other adventures in Second Life
 please click here.

            Open roads and kind fires!



No comments: