Saturday, May 4, 2013

Tribute City Fashion Week in Second Life


 I dress for the image. Not for myself, not for the public, not for fashion, not for men.

Marlene Dietrich

 
               Spring is here! (At least in some places in the Northern Hemisphere.)  Last week I visited an art exhibition opening, a sure sign that the vernal equinox has passed and which means that fashion shows are starting to happen.  And Second Life (SL) is no exception, the Season has begun!  
          My SL friend, Jessii Warrhol , recently sent me a notice for the upcoming Tribute City Fashion Week running from May 31 to June 9, 2013.  Jessii is the co-owner and operator of Tribute City inworld.  She is also the owner of Club Capital and several other bistros in Tribute City.  Jessii operates on a seemingly non-stop mode producing shows inworld.  (Sometimes I can’t keep up with blogging about all of them.  Sorry Jessii!)
Tribute City and L’Amour  Management will be sponsoring the  Tribute City Fashion Week.  The event will show off the best spring and summer fashions from some of the most favorite designers in Second Life! The theme for the show is “April Showers Bring May Flowers”.
This show will feature and showcase designers who will present their modern, spring, and summer creations and accessories. In addition to the show, other festivities will include both a kick off and closing event and other entertainment.
Designers currently scheduled to present at the show include Allure, Evolve, Faboo, Flowerdreams, K-Code, Pomposity, Shey, Syl’s, and Xen’s Hats.
Designers will be in Tribute City, from May 31, 2013 to June 9, 2013, to present their modern, spring, and summer creations.
L'Amour Management is owned and operated by Ava Jhamin.  Ms. Jahmin has vast knowledge not only as model, but also Model Coordinator, Producer, and Director. Tribute City is a very busy shopping and entertainment sim inworld . The sim has an Italian influence and boasts five club venues, various shops, and monthly events and contests. Tribute City is owned and operated by Jessii2009 Warrhol.
For more information about this event, please contact either Ava Jhamin or Jessii2009 Warrhol in SL.  More details can be found on the show’s blog.
Events like Fashion Week are further examples to me of the creativity of the fashion and social communities inworld and their viability and sustainability.  Tribute City is one of those sims and can always be counted on for a continuing program of events and fun. Please check them out and patronize the designers and shops! 
I’d like to thank Jessii for taking time out from her busy schedule to reach out to me.  I wish her well and look forward to visiting Fashion Week.  (And, yes, I will be appropriately attired. Otherwise, Jessii won’t let me in.)
 As always, I’m grateful to all for their kindness and time in stopping to talk with a stranger who was passing through their lives.
I welcome feedback from readers, please either comment on my blog or e-mail me at webspelunker@gmail.com . 

     If you would like to read about my other adventures in Second Life
please click here.


Photo No. 1  Jessii Warrhol





                             

No comments: