Saturday, January 2, 2016

Looking Ahead to 2016 in Second Life


Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. 

Søren Kierkegaard 

 

          The ball has dropped in Times Square and people have done whatever else it is they do in Real Life (RL) to mark the end of the Old Year and the start of the New Year.

          I’ve already looked back on my misadventures in Second Life (SL) which was a good year and is now slowly passing into memory. (I ignore Significant Other’s comment that it’s
only a polite way to say that I’m already forgetting about it.)

It’s now time to look ahead to what I plan to do in 2016 inworld!

There will be two themes for my blogging in the New Year.  (Significant Other thinks I’m overdoing this.)

The first will be my friends.  (Contrary to what Significant Other says, they’re not afraid to admit publicly knowing me.  Well, maybe some are.) I’ve known many for almost five years now in SL.  They have active lives inworld and contribute much to the fabric of SL.  I’ll focus, with their permission, on their lives inworld and their contributions therein.

Next will the communities that make up SL. These are vibrant groups of people drawn together inworld for some common purpose.  This could be social, an activity, or educational.  They may stay only within SL or carry their impact out into RL.  I’ll highlight what they do and the results of their efforts.  An important aspect of many of these communities is how their members help one another or others.  This will be called out in my stories.  Contrary to what many think in RL, there is more to SL than either mindless dancing or endless copulation! 

I will be introducing new topics to my stories in 2016.  These will either be ones I haven’t blogged about before or are new to SL. I’ll also try to be edgier in the stories I write, pushing the edges of the envelope once again. 

A few of these new topics are a dungeon crawl series (I keep finding dungeons as I
visit castles inworld so I thought it was time to write about them!), a deeper look at role playing with stories on trials and jousting, another new series about China inworld, and looking into how we relate to one another in SL. 

Of course many old favorites will return!

Perryn Peterson and the Mieville community’s holiday celebrations will be covered as well as a closer look at their world.  Regular series like Great Castles, Great Gardens, Sex and the Single Avatar, and Erotic Art will be returning.  I’ll continue to look into the BDSM lifestyle.  I’m going to try to reinvigorate interest in my voyage across the seas of SL.  (I only need a crew!)  I’ll have new perspectives on Bitcoin inworld. Finally, this year will be fifth blogging about SL and I’ll do something to mark that.

So, a full slate of stories plus a few other ideas that I haven’t gotten around to finalizing yet!  I hope this will satisfy all three of my loyal users! 

As a community or a collection of communities, I’m happy to report that SL is alive and well!  The diversity of places to go, people to meet, and things is do is virtually (No pun intended!) unlimited.  I enjoy wandering across the Grid and bringing back my stories to my readers and I plan to do so as long as there’s a SL! 

Happy New Year! 

As always, I’m grateful to all inworld for their kindness and time in stopping to talk with a stranger who was passing through their lives

My Twitter handle is @webspelunker.  Please feel free to follow me and I’d be happy to follow you.

I can be found on Google+ as webspelunker Ghostraven.

My flickr Photostream is located here.

On Skype I’m webspelunker Ghostraven.

I welcome feedback from readers, please either comment on my blog or e-mail me at webspelunker@gmail.com . 

          If you would like to read about my other adventures in Second Life
please click here.
          Open roads and kind fires!


 

No comments: