Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 in Second Life


An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in.  A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.

Bill Vaughan


          My 2012 year end meanderings in Second Life (SL) are drawing to a close.  I’ve already blogged about looking back into the year that’s past and I’d like to look ahead a bit to the New Year and see what the future holds as I write my last story for the year.
          I’ve been able to achieve some goals this year, missed a few (OK, who didn’t?) and overcame a few challenges. 
          Peering ahead, I see more opportunities and challenges in 2013 and look forward to them. 
          I plan to continue blogging and pushing the edges of the envelope about my travels and adventures in SL, to write more stories than I did last year, and to work on my blog’s format to improve my readers’ experience.  (There have been a few glitches.) 
          Other tasks I hope to undertake are reconnecting with old friends, following up on previous stories, and making new friends (less strain on existing ones that way).  As for stories, I’ll blog as always about exploring inworld, trying to complete my avatar’s ill fated makeover, and continue my two series, Sex and the Single Avatar in SL and Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.     
          New stories will be about SL and Real Life (RL) relationships (I missed this one in 2012), a new series entitled Shoemaker’s Children where I’ll write about misses by Linden Lab (LL), and new places and experiences in SL that I haven’t blogged about yet.  My Holy Grail will be to meet at least one Linden inworld.  (Someone said I had a better chance of getting an interview with Newt Gingrich inworld.) 
          Then there will the unknown, things that right now I don’t have a clue about and will go after as they arise. 
          So, as I put this year to rest, I’d like to thank my readers who have followed my journeys through SL and stuck with me even when I had a few issues earlier in the year.  I ask for your feedback, both criticisms and story ideas.  (And, should you have any compliments about my writing, it’s always welcome.)  Or, better yet, join me on my journeys.  It gets very lonely out there sometimes! 
To my inworld friends, thank you for your friendship, help, time, and candor.  You’ve all helped me to learn and to understand that SL is not just a technical phenomena, it’s a community of people who have come together to share their lives with one another and I feel truly fortunate that you’ve permitted me into them. 
I want to give a special thank you to Significant Other who has supported my blogging efforts (Even when it involved my avatar running around nude to get the story.) and permitted me to set aside time for the research and writing. 
In closing I wish all a very Happy New Year!  Make you achieve all your goals and be with those you know and love!
As always, I’m grateful to all for their kindness and time in stopping to talk with a stranger who was passing through their lives.
I welcome feedback from readers, please either comment on my blog or e-mail me at webspelunker@gmail.com . 

     If you would like to read about my other adventures in Second Life
please click here.


No comments: